XTERRA WETSUITS are warranted against manufacturing and material defects for two years from the date of purchase. Proof of purchase is required and is only applicable to the original owner of a new wetsuit, and is not transferable. It is not applicable to rental, used or demonstration suits.
Manufacturing and material defects covered under the two-year limited warranty include seam tears, stitching failures and /or separations.
XTERRA WETSUITS retains the right to determine whether damage is caused by normal wear and tear, non-manufacturing issues, accidents, misuse, improper care and/or negligence.
XTERRA WETSUITS also retains the right to repair or replace valid and approved warranty claims at their discretion; refunds are not an option for approved warranty claims.
DAMAGE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY:
- Seam tears or separations caused by manufacturing defects.
- Stitching failures or separations caused by manufacturing defects. (Please keep in mind that some seam failures are due to overuse or normal wear and tear and are not manufacture defects)
DAMAGE NOT COVERED UNDER WARRANTY:
- Neoprene tears and punctures
- Melting due to sun or heat exposure
- Heel tears (tears caused by forcefully putting on or taking your suit off to the extent that your heel, finger or anything else punctures the suit)
- Damage caused by chlorine (degradation of the gluing in the suit is the most common chlorine-caused damage)
- Zipper detachment
- Failures due to overuse or normal wear and tear
OTHER ACTIVITIES THAT VOID THE WARRANTY:
Using your XTERRA Wetsuit for any activity other than:
triathlon of surface swimming.
Altering the wetsuit in any way, including silk screening, heat transferring, embroidery, or cutting.
Damage caused by using petroleum jelly (Vasaline) or any other petroleum-based product or unapproved lubricant, cleaner or treatment. Improper handling or storage.
Prolonged exposure to heat, sunlight, chlorine, and other harsh substances.
SPEEDSUITS AND LAVA PANTS
XTERRA SPEEDSUITSand LAVA PANTS are covered under warranty for six months from the date of purchase. All information regarding warranty claims on wetsuits applies to speedsuits with the exception of the length of the warranty.
Transition Backpacks are backed by a one-year warranty. The warranty covers any manufacturing defects. Misuse of the backpack is not covered under warranty.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURES
In order for your product to be considered as a warranty claim please follow the steps below:
STEP 1: Please email our repairs and warranty department, firstname.lastname@example.org, with ALL of the following information:
- At least one clear picture of the product in question
- Description of the issue
- Serial Number(7 digits found on the flap below the name space.Older suits may not have this)Product and size
- Original order number
- Name on the original order
- Purchase date of original order
- Contact information(email address and phone number)
STEP 2: Once the above information is received via email XTERRA WETSUITS will send you a return authorization number. The product must be received back in our warehouse in order to determine if your product is a valid warranty claim. (we are unable to authorize claims via email or by telephone)
STEP 3: Customers are responsible for the cost of shipping to return their wetsuits toXTERRAWetsuits.XTERRA WETSUITSwill cover the cost of return shipping back to the customer if the product is found to be defective. (Returns are sent using Ground Shipping and the customer at their option may have the product expressed at an additional charge)
If the product is not covered under warranty the customer is responsible for return shipping charges. Please allow up to (14) business days for a warranty claim to be processed and completed from the timeXTERRA WETSUITSreceives it.
STEP 4: If the product is not covered under warrantyXTERRA WETSUITSwill advise on repair procedures that the customer may explore at their option.